Below is a running record of recent changes rolled out to our service. Like you we like to deploy early and often, so dates below usually reflect official feature launch dates with functionality usually being available before these dates.
11th August 2018
- Visual Studio Upgrade. Upgraded build fleet to Visual Studio 2017 15.7.6
28th April 2018
- Visual Studio Upgrade. Upgraded build fleet to Visual Studio 2017 15.6.7
24th March 2018
- Build logging upgrades. Build logging verbosity settings introduced, and faster storage and retrieval for website visitors.
12th March 2018
- Git upgrades. Switched git used in Build nodes to latest version of Git Portable. All ciphers and kexes updated to enable GitHub/Bitbucket changes.
25th November 2017
- Website upgrades. Website performance and caching upgrades released, reducing page loads by up to 50%.
9th November 2017
- Visual Studio Upgrade. Upgraded build fleet to Visual Studio 2017 15.4.3.
- .NET Upgrade. Added support for .NET 4.7.1
19th June 2016
- Semantic Versioning support. Added support for customers to define their own build numbering system, as well as adding Semantic versioning support.
- Assembly Info versioning support. Added support for build nodes to auto update your application's Assembly File Version on each build.
5th May 2016
- Octopus Deploy support. Launched official support for Octopus Deploy deployments from within OnCheckin.
- Account transfers. We added support for cross-account project transfers, allowing customers to easily share projects between them.
21st February 2016
- New beefy build servers. We upgraded our build fleet. All builds now run on a dual core (3.2Ghz) VMs with 4Gb of RAM.
10th November 2015
- Expanded WebDeploy testing support. Web Deploy test executions complete a full "whatIf" connection and deployment test to validate how many files would be uploaded.
22th August 2015
- Visual Studio 2015 support. The addition of Visual Studio 2015 to all build nodes.
18th July 2015
- Git Submodules branching support. Support for defining branches in your .gitsubmodules configurations.
8th July 2015
- Git Submodules support. Customers can now include submodules in their project's git repositories, and have OnCheckin support their build and deployment.
11th July 2015
- Deployment team member support. The official launch of support for deployment teams, allowing customers to invite collaborators to their account.
- Project Archival. Deployment projects can now be archived for later review. Archived projects don't count towards your account active project number limits.
14th June 2015
- Build log file filtering. When debugging build deployment issues, customers can now filter their build logs to only display the log lines they're interested in.
26th April 2015
- Raygun deployment notifications. We launch support for Raygun deployment notifications for Application Exception monitoring.
- NewRelic deployment notifications. We launch support for NewRelic deployment notifications for Application Performance monitoring.
5th April 2015
- Deployment manager performance improvements. Build dashboard and log pages receive an overhaul to decrease load times for customers with large numbers of projects.
6th March 2015
- Visual Studio sub-path projects support. Support for the auto-discover of solutions one folder deep to allow for Visual Studio projects to be in a parent directory to the SLN.
3rd March 2015
- Google Oauth upgrade. We upgrade our Google OAuth to use OAuth 2.0 login, upgrading all customer accounts.
23rd February 2015
- Multiple Google OAuth accounts. Customers can now connect more than one Google account to their OnCheckin account for authentication.
3rd January 2015
- Test builds. Support for deployment-free builds, to allow customers to validate their configuration without deploying.
17th November 2014
- Azure Cloud Service deployments. We launch deployments to Azure Cloud Services.
21st September 2014
- Build logging changes. The launch of upgraded build logging to give customers better tools to investigate their failed builds.